Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beach bond on Labour Day

For someone who has been living in Oregon for the past 14 years, it's embarrassing to say I had never been to the famous Cannon Beach. Oregon coast is about a little over a hour drive west from the city. Visitors from all over the place come during summer to go witness the beauty of our untouched natural coastline. This Labour Day Monday, we decided to drive to the coast and admire its grandness ourselves. We were in for a treat! Since it's already late summer, the coast was a bit on the windy side but we were blessed with very sunny weather. Go barefoot, or at least a pair of flip-flop. Let your toes sink into the softest white sands you can imagine! I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it and I recommend you do the same :)
We had a wonderful time spending our afternoon at Cannon Beach. The big rock formation behind me is called Haystack Rock. There are several similar ones along the coast but the Haystack Rock is the biggest one. We took our time walking on the beach and saw many happy dogs running around freely. There were also several kinds of kites flying on the gorgeous sky (check out my Instagram photos kiwifashionblog for more pictures). Not bad to end the non-official last day of summer eh?

Lululemons wrap jacket (old, but very similar one here), Havana flip-flops (how cute are these minions ones) and Rebecca Minkoff Love cross-body bag in Moon (navy, love this one too)


8 comments:

Beauty said...

Lovely pics; it's great that you finally got to see the (Canon) Beach and that you enjoyed it too. I like the pop of color with the purse. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Unknown said...

Thanks girl!! Im glad I finally went also! We had a lovely time!

Anonymous said...

Nice outfit! I'm not a beach person either and so I can understand that one may not feel attracted to it. But cool that you finally went. Looks like a lovely place.

Mica said...

Glad you had fun at the beach! :)

I really don't go to the beach too often. We were there last weekend, but it's probably been a month or so between visits! I always like it though, something so relaxing about the ocean.




Away From The Blue Blog

Unknown said...

I totally agree! All the wind actually gave me a big headache afterwards!

Unknown said...

Haha this beach is so famous when I told people I had never been they all gasped! I am glad I can finally scratch that off the To-Do list!

Unknown said...

The landscape is amazing!! Love the look too!

Ben A. said...

awesome pictures! :)
happy weekend

http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/