Thursday, June 11, 2015

Summer straw hat

Summer is definitely here in Portland. While some may be complaining about the heat, I am happy as a clam and fully am embracing it! After all, I have been waiting for this warmer weather for months! I don't normally sport any hair/head accessories so I thought I will show you one of my only three straw hats I own. This hat is purchased two years ago from Goorin Brothers. They have a cool shop here in the 23rd area in downtown Portland. The only problem I have with wearing a hat in the heat is, well the heat! My head will start to get really warm and then I am forced to take it off after a while. Nevertheless, I do love this different look, wearing a hat. The best thing about a wide brim hat is obviously the extra shade it offers. Being in the eye health field, I am really careful about protecting my eyes from the harmful UV ray. I think that is part of the reason you always see me in sunglasses.

These pictures were taken in front of a German restaurant in the Hollywood district. We did not eat in there but just loved the unique architecture of the building. Are you a hat person? How do you style your outfits with your hat(s), winter and/or summer? I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Grooin Brother's hat, Sam Edelman sandals (old, but love this one), Rebecca Minkoff red MAC (black, mini version here), Lindberg sunglasses, Jord Sully wood watch (c/o, get them here)

Have a fabulous Thursday and thanks for reading <3

11 comments:

Mica said...

Glad you are getting the summer heat you wanted at last! :)

I like the addition of colour with your accessories - especially the bag of course, haha! Your sun hat looks really practical for the summer sun too :) I'm not a hat person but definitely need them during the summer as an extra layer of sun protection!

Away From The Blue

Beauty said...

I just started getting into the hat trend myself and have acquired just a few.
This is a very lovely Outfit. The gingham print shirt, red flats and hat are super cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any summer hats! I need one like yours.

Unknown said...

You should! Your face would be perfect with a ride brim straw hat :) I can't wait to see yours!!

Unknown said...

Thank you dear mica! I love bright red (and I can't lie haha)

Unknown said...

I look forward to see how you would style yours!

Anna and Klaudia said...

Wow! you look gorgeous <33 Amazing shirt :)
http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/
Like me on FACEBOOK

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

Beautiful hat! Can't spend the summer without one, really. x

FASHION TALES said...

That's a fantastic hat, and a summer essential piece. I love Goorin Bros. I still have a few favourites from them. You look lovely and summer ready. x/Madison
Wedding Inspiration

Sandy a la Mode said...

i love that hat so much!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Vikee said...

You look amazing
Beautiful pictures

Love Vikee
www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com